Having trouble uploading using the Arduino IDE
1. Make sure you are selecting the right COM port and board under tools -> Port and Board. The board will always be “Arduino Uno” for the board selection, but the COM port may vary. You can try un-plugging the board to see which one disappears from the list to figure out which one is your HERO Board.
Trouble getting computer to recognize the hero board:
1. Try a different USB cable. If you have another printer cable lying around, try using that to make sure the issue is not the cable.
2. Try installing the correct USB drivers for your system from inventr.io/drivers
3. If you are using a usb adapter (like a multi-hub on a laptop, for example), try skipping the adapter and plugging directly into the USB port on the computer. Hubs can sometimes interfere with the HERO boards power requirements and cause communication issues.
4. Try a different USB port.